WE APPRECIATE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Are are grateful for the volunteers who continue to help us. However, we are always in need of people to help with our growing Outreach to continue to meet the needs of encouraging our servicemen and women overseas.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
– Inventory and sorting of care package donated items
– General office duties
– Proofreading letters of encouragement received from all over the country
– Fundraising Committee (previous experience necessary)
– Promoting FSO at outside events (training is provided)
We are located in Palm Beach County, Florida. If you’re in our area and would like to become a volunteer, please complete the Volunteer Information Sheet (CLICK HERE), and fax it directly to FSO at 561-493-9819 or email it to email@example.com
National Operation Center
3550 23rd Ave. S., Suite #7,
Lake Worth, Florida 33461
Hours of Operations:
Monday – Friday: 9am – 2pm
Saturday By Appointment Only
Sunday – Closed, By Appoinment only
Donations will be accepted during these hours.
Get Updates Via Email
If you join our mailing list, you’ll receive updates regarding our organization and upcoming volunteer events every Friday.
OUTSIDE OF FLORIDA VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
DON’T WORRY IF YOU ARE NOT IN FLORIDA, YOU CAN STILL JOIN OUR EFFORTS AND HERE ARE SOME WAYS:
- Writing Letters of Encouragement yearly….around the different holidays, gear it to those times (Valentine’s Day, Easter, Christmas, etc.)…see our Educators link for more details for schools. Great education tool for children, as they learn grammar, spelling, geography, history and current events.
- Fundraisers for businesses: Popular among corporations is “dress down day for the troops” …..$5 to wear jeans or dress down….or Chili-Cook Off Fundraisers…this is just an example
- Collection drives, although, you would have to ship the items to our National Operation Center in Lake Worth, Florida, so keep the items small (i.e, phone card drive)
Other Fundraisers: Bingo for Bravery (Popular in active adult living facilities and schools), Bowling for the Troops, Golf Tournaments, etc.,etc.
If you are seeking to do any of these endeavors or a creative one of your own, please let us know, so we can provide you with brochures and appropriate material to solicit this event. We can also assist with press releases for media and will post on website.
If you hear of a soldier or group of soldiers returning home in your area or leaving for deployment and there is a “send off”, please let us know, so we can post on site for people to attend for the send off or welcome home.